In this lesson I will show you the watercolor that needs improvement.
Here's a breakdown of what I will focus on;
- better light and shadow
- refine lost shapes
- overpainted in the lower right-hand corner
- more clarity with lost objects
Most fixes are be done with a #2 pencil and paper.
- Even though I've painted, and drawn, hundreds of cars I needed to revisit the basic shape.
- I also applied some value to the car sketch to better understand light and shadow.
- To fix the muddy and lost shapes in the lower right-hand side I looked at composition. It was easy to fix the problem once I added a lighter value to the figures and ground area.