This is a quick bonus lesson on where you can find inspiration. Google Maps is an interesting way to explore areas you have visited or heard about. And it only takes a computer, internet connection and the ability to make a few clicks and you can explore different parts of the world.
I'm sharing this idea with you because it's exactly how I discovered my inspiration for this workshop. Even though it's not necessarily part of the core lessons I thought you would appreciate having a look when you have some free time.
Give a try
- Visit google.com/maps/
- Type in city, address or wherever it is you want to explore in the top left hand of the screen.
- Once you are in the area you want to explore use the '+' to zoom in until you see the blue lines.
- Now click and drag the person icon onto any blue line.
- From this point you should have a street view and click on the street to advance in any direction.
- Note: If you get lost simply use the '-' in the lower right and it will zoom out to a larger view.
Need more instructions?: Use the link below to find out more about using Google Street Maps
Have fun exploring!