In this course I will use watercolor and acrylics for the main demonstrations. But the methods taught can be applied to any medium.
- Compressed charcoal, or graphite (#2 pencil works fine)
- 4 sheets Print paper, or drawing paper - doesn't need to be expensive paper, just something cheap will do fine.
- 2 - 11" x 15", or slightly bigger but no larger than 15" x 22" 140 lb. cold press watercolor paper. If you prefer to paint on other surface that's fine. Panel, board, canvas, Bristol or whatever makes you happy will do. I use watercolor paper in the demos.
- Watercolor Paint (see suggested hues below)
- Heavy Body Acrylic Paint (see suggested hues below)
- Palette (large is preferred but medium will do)
- Water reservoir(s)
- Paper towels
- Masking tape
I really doesn't matter which colors you use. Obviously you will need good quality paints which include primaries and white. Below is a list of suggested hues that I will use for demos.
- Cobalt blue
- Ultramarine blue
- Phthalo blue
- Alizarin crimson, or Rose madder
- Yellow ochre
- Burnt Sienna
- Burnt umber
- Lemon yellow (or yellow of your choice)
- Cadmium red, (or Pyrrole or Scarlet red will do)
- Titanium white ( or use white gouache if painting with watercolor)